If Japan is on your bucket list (if it’s not, I don’t know what you’re waiting for to put it on there!), be aware that there is a “before and after” Japan. Japan changes you. There’s something (or really, many things) about Japan that will make you see things differently.
- Its people. They’re so nice, polite and quiet. If you need help with directions, don’t be surprised if the person you ask, accompanies you to make sure you find your way.In the subway, you won’t hear a peep come out from the Japanese. If there’s conversations, it’s usually from the tourists.
- Its Order. Everything is on time. People queue for the subway, they know how to wait in line.
- Its cleanliness. Japan is impeccable. The best part, it’s a challenge to find a trash bin. We had to keep on to our trash for a while before we were able to find one. Travel tip, take a small bag with you for your trash!
- Its Food. Is so fresh and so good. Be open minded and prepared to try things that you didn’t even know existed.
- There are CLEAN public bathrooms everywhere!
- Honesty. My friend lost her purse and 2 days after, the police had it and they sent it back to here. It had everything in it. Everything.
- There are diagonal cross streets. How cool is that?
- The mix of traditional and modern. The beautiful shrines and pagodas in the middle of super modern cities. Also, many places do not accept credit cards, so if you thought you would be able to pay everything from your mobile, think again. Make sure you carry cash.
Of our 2-month trip around Asia, Japan is definitely one of our favorite stops. There is so much to see and do, time will always fall short.